[PD] customizing the new Pd GUI, some examples

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Sep 1 16:10:21 CEST 2009

> Trippy.  Even the xlets disappear!

There are now a set of Tk tags that can be separately controlled, you
could also make things turn different colors, or disappear (i.e. turn
white).

cords, inlet, outlet, text, label, obj, msg, atom

> Are segmented patch cords also a possibility now?

Someone should try to write a segmented patch cord plugin, that would
be a great test of the plugin idea for the new GUI.  I'd be happy to
help someone thru the code, and make any reasonable changes.  I
suspect it'll be hard to work around the fact that the .pd file format
doesn't include a place to store the segmented patch cord data points,
but I think it could easily be handled in a separate, parallel file.
It could be like the .pd is the HTML and this other file is the CSS.

.hc

                                               http://at.or.at/hans/