[PD] Pd META: Author/Help Patch Authors

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 23:37:06 CEST 2009

--- On Tue, 9/1/09, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> [...]
> Patch
> >> Authors
> PM

> Wilkes

> Steiner
> >> <hans at at.or.at>

> <hans at at.or.at>
> Author/Help
> >> Patch
> 2009, 5:00
> >> AM

> at
> >> least make
> Pd.
> >> I tried
> closer to
> >> what
> >> all.   If someone
> handle the
> >> commas
> the meta
> >> data

> >> modulation,

> wouldn't expect my
> >> example
> If you
> happy to
> >> take a
> do with
> >> the

> the
> >> object_db.tcl
> discussion
> >> with
> object_db.tcl
> >> plugin builds a
> based on
> >> tags.
> uses for
> >> the
> tags in
> >> his [pd
> to the
> parsable
> >> by Pd,

> patch have a
> >> [pd
> with
> >> tags.

> >> discussion.

> I'm still
> >> confused: are commas
> >> understand the problem (see

> >> Tcl's not the problem, its Pd's parser.  It
> interprets
> >> commas as a
> >> separator between messages.  Since there
> isn't an
> >> escape mechanism, it
> >> means handling commas, semi-colons, etc. is
> difficult
> >> unless you are
> >> wanting the behavior of Pd's parser.
> >>
> >> If we use commas as the delimiter for individual
> tags, then
> >> just
> >> removing the commas means you don't know if you
> have
> >> multi-word tags
> >> or just single word tags.  So if you have:
> >>
> >>     tags - frequency
> modulation, synth
> >>
> >> and its parsed as:
> >>
> >>     tags frequency modulation
> synth
> >>
> >> then key information is lost.
> >
> > Ok. (see attached)
>
> Works for me!  Frank will be happy. So let's use

So what kinds of tasks do you want Pd to do with these META comments?
If you already have specific ideas in mind (or have written about them
already some place), let me know and I'll try to put together some
patches.

I'm also getting close to the finishing refactoring the help patches
in the reference folder.  What should I do with them when I'm finished?
Attach a zip file to the list?

-Jonathan