[PD] "computer music" WAS: Re: Pd at a livecoding event on the BBC

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Sep 5 14:11:22 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 12:44 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Sep 4, 2009, at 12:09 PM, glerm soares wrote:
>

> > 2009/9/4 glerm soares <organismo at gmail.com>
> >

> >                 I have yet to see any computer or electronic music
> >                 show that can hold a candle to the feeling of being
> >                 packed into a room of people dancing face-to-face
> >                 with 9 musicians pouring their guts into completely
> >                 physical instruments.
> >

> > we don't even need sound to prove it:
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/purecanesugar/3824634806/sizes/l/
> >
> > cheers ;)
> > glerm
> >

> That
> was fun, that was the samba night in the Pelorinho in Salvador after the ISCL event.   So for me the question is, how do we get music using computers to be more like that?

use netpd

(what seems like a cheap ad is rather a prompt to myself to dive into it
again. without saying something about the quality of the resulting
music, it at least enabled some people quite some times to have the
feeling of being part of an expressive exchange with eachother by using
music creating tools. i find your question quite intriguing and i think,
it's definitely worth trying to 'get music using computers to be more
like that'.)

roman