[PD] pix_image & memory use

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 9 09:13:39 CEST 2009

enrique franco wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem loading images into the pix_image object. It seems that
> anytime I load a picture it fills the RAM memory, even if I load the same
> image every time (I just need one image at a time). Is there a way to empty
> the memory when I change the image? There is a point when the memory is full
> and PD shuts down.
>
> I´m attaching the patch.

[counter] cannot create.

please be more specific about your setup:
- OS
- Gem-version, Pd-version
- the order of magnitude of number of images you are trying to load
- size of images
- amount of RAM increased each time you load an image

does the problem persist if you disconnect [pix_image] from whatever
comes afterwards?

gfmadsr
IOhannes