[PD] future of the "Text Editor"

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Sep 10 00:20:06 CEST 2009

On Sep 9, 2009, at 5:49 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> Now that cut/copy/paste works in all object boxes, comments, etc.
>> on all platforms, is there any reason to keep the "Text Editor"?
>
> Shift+arrows : select
> Ctrl+arrows : skip words
> Shift+Ctrl+arrows : both
> Home, End
> Shift+Home, Shift+End.
> Triple-click (should select a whole line).
>
> I probably forgot some other things.

Some of those things are there already, like Home, End, Ctrl-a/Ctrl-e
emacs bindings, and I think I could add the others with a 'bind'.
Matju, in DD you are embedding a full 'text' widget into the canvas
using a window?

"Free software means you control what your computer does. Non-free
software means someone else controls that, and to some extent controls
you." - Richard M. Stallman