[PD] Problem with memory use

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Sep 10 19:14:24 CEST 2009

enrique franco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am attaching a patch with the images I load. If you check the activity
> monitor you will see that it takes almost all the RAM memory after a while.
>
> To run it, just create the Gem window and start the metro.
>
> Is this a problem with PD or GEM itself, or is there anything wrong with the
> patch? Is there a way to empty the buffer?
>
> I am on MAC OS 10.5.2, Imac 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB, Pd version
> 0.41.4-extended, Gem 0.91.3 compiled jun5 2009.

thanks for the example; i haven't checked yet (no access to mac atm),
but i did my only little tests with loading 1024x1024 pixel images on a
powerpc using the latest and greatest Gem ever (0.92.0), and found me in
the happy position to be unable to reproduce your problem.

could you please try to upgrade to the newest release of Gem and see
whether the problem still exists?

it should not as i believe you have stumbled across this (fixed) bug:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2719368&group_id=64325&atid=507079

fmasdr
IOhannes

PS: pd-list-request@ is really an administrative address for subscribing
to this list; please don't post any questions there :-)