[PD] Array Enhancements

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 10 20:24:06 CEST 2009

--- On Thu, 9/10/09, Si Mills <smills at rootsix.net> wrote:

> From: Si Mills <smills at rootsix.net>
> Subject: [PD] Array Enhancements
> Date: Thursday, September 10, 2009, 11:14 AM
> Hi Hans/DEv Tem
> I have a couple of ideas for the Array/Table
> object, mainly visual:
> Hide Array name -
> doesn't seem to be working.Would it be possible
> to limit the array vertically? This would make manually
> entering values for a sequencer more usable.Allow a
> step value for each slider, so selecting increments is
> easier  - I guess an Array in Pd is a array of
> multi-sliders in a senseExpand appearance - the
> array indexes could be solid barsEvent listeners -
> so onMouseUp over an array could trigger
> somethingColour
> properties!....

You can get all of the above (except onMouseUp behavior) using
data structures.  Really, there should just be a way to "deputize" a
ds array as a Pd array usable by [tabread] and the like.

So if you have a subpatch with

[struct blah float x array some_array]

you could put the following in the same subpatch:

[deputize some_array]

And now [tabwrite~ some_array]

will work.

But I don't know the inner workings of Pd either, so I'm not sure how
feasible this is.

-Jonathan