[PD] Pd-GUI-Rewrite test builds

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Sep 11 00:43:47 CEST 2009

On Sep 10, 2009, at 3:59 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

>>> * clicking the "Text Editor" gives the following
>> error:
>>> invalid command name "menu_texteditor"
>>> invalid command name "menu_texteditor"
>>>     while executing
>>> "menu_texteditor $::focused_window"
>>>     (menu invoke)
>>
>> not implemented and perhaps unneeded
>
> Oh, that reminds me: one thing "Text Editor" does that normal
> obj and msg boxes don't is start a new line after a carriage return.
> In a msg box you hit <enter>, then you have to wait until you type
> another character to see you're on a new line.  If the "Text
> Editor" is going away, that aspect of msg boxes should be
> fixed.

Ideally, editing in the box itself would provide everything expected.

I've never used the Text Editor, I thought it was just for copy-n-
paste.  I was asking to see if there were other reasons for it.  Seems
like there are.  Anyone want to take on implementing a better text
editor function?  I'd just copy-n-paste the old code.

> I think this is unrelated to the fact that carriage returns aren't
> saved with the patch; if you're entering lots of messages followed by
> semicolons, you still need to hit <enter> to get to the next line, and
> that's where the quirky behavior comes in.
>
> -Jonathan

The carriage returns get stripped when saved to the file.  It is
annoying for sure.

                                               http://at.or.at/hans/