[PD] how to cite the Pure Data in a research paper

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Sep 11 16:29:58 CEST 2009

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, Nicolas Montgermont wrote:

> You can have a look at this thread for example:
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2008-01/059095.html

Ah, so is this about which spellings of Pd are the most orthodox?

There's a reason why I spread the spelling "PureData" all over the place. The
double uppercase makes it readable as two words, but the lack of space makes it
look like one distinctive word and not like a common adjective followed by a
very common name.

I spread that spelling all over the place.

"Pd" is too short except when you need a shorthand that is that short. It's a
very common and equivocal two-letter combination (out of only 676) and it's
useful for making silly jokes in french.