[PD] Pd-GUI-Rewrite test builds

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 18:25:28 CEST 2009

--- On Fri, 9/11/09, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] Pd-GUI-Rewrite test builds
> To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com>
> Cc: gnd at itchybit.org, "PD List" <pd-list at iem.at>
> Date: Friday, September 11, 2009, 12:43 AM
>
> On Sep 10, 2009, at 3:59 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> > I think this is unrelated to the fact that carriage
> returns aren't
> > saved with the patch; if you're entering lots of
> messages followed by
> > semicolons, you still need to hit <enter> to get
> to the next line, and
> > that's where the quirky behavior comes in.
> >
> > -Jonathan
>
> The carriage returns get stripped when saved to the
> file.  It is annoying for sure.

Yes, but what I mean is if this quirky behavior is easily fixable, it's
still useful even though carriage returns don't get saved with the patch.
Currently, <enter> is mainly used in a msg box after typing a semicolon,
and when the patch gets loaded a cr is added after the semicolon.  So
if a new line would be started after the user types <enter> (instead of
after the *next* character is entered) it would look like Pd is doing
the right thing in 90% of the cases where you use a carriage return in
a msg box.

Oh, something related to cr's: it's currently difficult to click
the right spot in multi-line comments in pd-ext:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2812603&group_id=55736&atid=478070

This isn't a problem in current version of pd-vanilla.

-Jonathan