[PD] iPhone control

Loic Kessous loic.kessous at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 10:15:38 CEST 2009

:-) he is probably right for most of the cases.

But if you intended to do some intensive sound processing, or use a
multi input/output sound card,
... or use pd with some intensive video, or in collaboration with
other another software on the same computer (with localhost
communication)
or whatever else I didn't think about...

Then, you may be interested with other solutions as:
  OSCulator,  http://www.osculator.net

Actually, I don't use it with an iPhone (I don't have one...) but with
a wiimote (even if there are some tools as externals for pd that can
also do this job but I found it stable convenient for the user
interface, visualizing the signals , battery monitoring etc...)

Else, maybe you can run pd on the iphone and send data with OSC to
another computer...

see also:
http://music.blogdig.net/archives/articles/May2008/08/Tutorial__More_iPhone_iPod_Touch_Control_With_Open_Source_Pure_Data.html

loic