[PD] new GUI screenshots

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 21:22:04 CEST 2009

It looks so nice on the Mac...! ;o)

It's a pity it looks way less 21th Century here on Hardy... fyi I have
attached the screenshot.

I have also mocked up a version with my ideas (which are based on my rather
limited knowledge of Pd). Please take a look at it.
- Afaik the IN/OUT meters are for the DSP so I would group them with the DSP
switch.
- I would omit the IN/OUT meter switch. Can we? Or is this a CPU-hog?
- I would suggest having some kind of MIDI IN/OUT LEDs... which could also
serve as switches in case you want to suspend MIDI reception or
transmission. In my graphics they are just simple switches but I'm not sure
it is possible to 'blink' those switches. If not, then we could have
separate switches and LEDs.
- A LOAD meter. Is this a CPU hog? If not, can we have it on the Pd window?
(It is quite hidden under the Media menu, imho also because Media is a quite
fuzzy name.)
- Console hide, clear. Let's try to have it somewhere right above the
console!

Sorry the mockup is not very well worked out - I just wanted to bring up
these quick ideas... ;o)

Andras