[PD] GEM help patches not found on Windows XP

r at raakvlak.net r at raakvlak.net
Sun Sep 13 18:02:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to get Pd to find the GEM help patches for its objects, but
am having no luck so far.
Default installation of pd-extended (version 0.40.3) keeps giving me
'sorry, couldn't find help patch for ...' messages

I've added the path C/Program Files/pd/extra/Gem to paths. Still no love.

I have noticed that the folder with GEM helpfiles appear to be in two
locations; /extra and /doc/5.reference - is this normal?

All other helpfiles seem to work without a problem, just can't get Gem
to behave :S

BTW, I've seen this identical problem on every windows installation I
know (over half a dozen), including 1 under a virtual machine on Mac
OS X.
The Mac-native version of pd-extended does not have this problem.

The problem is compounded by Pd starting a new instance when you
double-click a patch under Windows.
If it would open in the same intance, I'd just have a window with help
patches open...

Any help in solving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks