[PD] selector~ equivalent for pd ?

Loic Kessous loic.kessous at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 12:35:09 CEST 2009

On 14 sept. 09, at 11:41, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Derek Holzer wrote:
>> Hi Loic,
>> I was also going to say use [mux~] and [demux~], but then I see
>> [mux~] in your patch already...
>
> you are probably looking at my patch (with [mux~]) rather than
> loic's patch (without it)
>
>> The problem with asking "which Pd object is like this Max object?"
>> is that many of us have never used Max. If you could describe in
>> plain text what the function you want is, maybe we can help you
>> better.

yep, that's was I was thinking to put a link to the max online
reference for this, but I forgot to send the link :)

http://www.cycling74.com/docs/max5/refpages/msp-ref/selector~.html

FYI:

basically, multiplex~ (a.k.a mux~ ) does the job, the only 2
differences are :
- 0 for multiplex~ means that you select the first left signal inlet,
while for selector~ in max it means no signal (mute)
- there is only one argument for selector~ which is the number of
inlets that you want to use, and for mux~ each argument is an initial
value for each inlet

except this, this is the same thing.

thanks all, this was very useful.
loic