[PD] Help with patch needed: keyname/route + textfile/gem

James Dunn james at 4thharmonic.com
Mon Sep 14 13:36:50 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help out with a patch I'm working on
(attached to this mail). Basically the patch is designed to trigger
samples when a specific key is pressed on the computer keyboard. Also I
want to have scrolling text in gem which advances with each key press.

My problems are:

1) Using keyname, the number keys don't work with route - why is this?
Character keys and the Function keys work fine, but I would like to use
the number keys as well.

2) Textfile only reads up to the comma - how can I print commas to the
gem window AND specify how much of the text file should be read at a time?

3) I just tried running the gem window and triggering the sample at the
same time and the audio was stuttering constantly! Any ideas for a solution?

many thanks for any advice

James