[PD] new GUI screenshots

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Sep 16 01:53:16 CEST 2009

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009, András Murányi wrote:
> 2009/9/15 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>
>> Btw I can see it's a snapshot of 2009/09/06. Do I understand right that 1)
>> dd is being actively developed these days 2) some code from it gets its way
>> to pd?
>> DD is GPL and Pd is BSD so code can only flow Pd->DD.
> Wow. Why?

Oh, don't worry: it's not true.

However, using different licenses in the same program means all licenses
have to be respected at once, and if you do that, then effectively the
whole program has to be handled as if it were all GPL'ed, except for the
fact that you can take any SIBSD part of it and handle it under SIBSD
license. This is because GPL basically includes SIBSD's clauses, not the
other way around.

Hans has not mentioned the other possibilities: making Pd partially
GPL'ed, or asking me (and Chun) for relicensing some parts to SIBSD, or
invoking fair use (for small snippets), etc.

Note: SIBSD = the 1999 version of the BSD license.