[PD] Feedback discussion

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Sep 16 03:22:53 CEST 2009

As I said already, I'm not interested in predictability. Analog
nonlinearity is interesting to me, much more so than digital
pseudo-randomness. But my main interest is in being able to maintain a
live performance in the midst of all this unpredictability. When digital
stuff fails, it tends to fail catastrophically--in other words NO SOUND.
Game over. The "errors" that I get from analog instabilities are much
more interesting than anything I've managed to predictively compute. And
even when they aren't, they still make noise, unlike an overloaded
digital filter or software crash, which just shuts everything down.

But now that you mention it, a huge Faraday cage to perform my live sets
in wouldn't be such a bad idea. Might protect me from unsympathetic
audience resonances!

D.

--
::: derek holzer ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista :::