[PD] new GUI screenshots

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Sep 17 05:01:23 CEST 2009

On Sep 16, 2009, at 7:46 PM, András Murányi wrote:

>>> Tabs in the Pd window would be very nice indeed.  Someone just
>>> needs to code it. :-D
>>> .hc
>
>> I made up the tabs, but I don't want to brute-regex every message
>> so I need to catch where [print] generates user-made messages.
>
> OK... It seems it is well buried in the C side. If I'm right, user
> messages are composed by print_anything() in x_interface.c which gives
> post() a single string which calls dopost() which finally calls
> pdtk_post in pdwindows.tcl.
> I see no much chance to supply additional information to the tcl
> side, do you?

Great start!  Tcl's a bit weird, but you can do a lot with a few lines
of code.

Sounds like you got it right.  I think you'll have to brute regex it
in pdtk_post for this idea to work.  But since its a plugin, I think
its ok if its a bit heavy since it can be easily disabled.

I think the easiest thing to do here would be to create your
own ::pdwindow::pdtk_post and then use the 'rename' command to swap
yours in for the standard one.

http://tcl.tk/man/tcl8.5/TclCmd/rename.htm

realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either
change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams