[PD] nightly build of Pd-devel aka Pd-gui-rewrite

Steffen Juul stffn at dibidut.dk
Tue Sep 22 20:26:38 CEST 2009

On 22/09/2009, at 9.17, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Steffen Juul wrote:
>> On 21/09/2009, at 17.13, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>>
>>> Last night there was the first successful Mac OS X nightly build
>>> of the pd-gui-rewrite branch with the whole -extended lib set.
>>> The Ubuntu nightly has been running for a while now.  The Windows
>>> build should start showing up today or tomorrow.
>>>
>>> http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/
>> Sorry but what does the icon mean? If i would like to test the Mac
>
> which icon. i don't see any icon.
> on the mentioned site i see 4 different iconS,

Sorry, icon_s_.

> which it seems i have no meaning whatsoever apart from
> differentiating the file-types on a first glance.

My first glans gave different result. Red ball, fx, meant something
along the lines of "don't go there".

> (snip) i guess this answers your question

I guess too. Thanks.

>> gui-rewrite version, which should i download (non carry something
>> along gui-rewrite in their name)?
>

> indeed.
> but when you look carefully at the subject of this email, you will
> eventually read "Pd-devel aka Pd-gui-rewrite".

Sorry. Thanks for pointing that out.

> i would take the newest packages

Ok. Then it seams to be for Mac OS X side of this is for evrsion 10.5
only.

> (Pd-0.43-devel; if you have followed the discussion about the gui-
> rewrite a bit, you might have noticed that it took off only
> recently; the Pd-0.41.4-devel packages from 25th of august 2009
> seems to be from something older)

I didn't follow that discussion close, hence i didn't want to assume
connection like that. I guess that was wrong of me.