[PD] vanilla, extended, svn and x86_64

Pierre pierre at 314r.net
Wed Sep 23 11:15:54 CEST 2009

Hi all,
until now I have been using a 32bit system, but 2 days ago I installed a
brand new ubuntu '9.10' 64 bit. (And I want to keep it, this '9.10' 64
bit seems to me faster than '8.04' 32 bit)

As Pd-extended for x86_64 is not auto-builded, I have some questions
about building a debian package :

- is there a document describing the SVN directory structure ?
- what are the differences between 'pd-extended' and 'pd-vanilla loading
all externals' ?
- what is the simpliest way to build pd-extended (a kind of 'nightly
build @ home') to produce a beautiful .deb package for x86_64
- what is the simpliest way to build pd-'extended'-gui-rewrite for x86_64
- is there a simple way to have and manage differents pd (vanilla,
extended, gui-rewrite) with differents versions on the same computer ?

Some informations about what I would like to do :
- in fact I think I dont really need the whole pd-extended thing as I
often only use Gem with few (5, 6) others externals...
- but it can be very nice to try and be able to use ANY of the external
included in the svn (I'm always in a learning process)
- I would like to use the latest sources, nightly build was just fine
for me on 32bit
- but I also need to have a method to build a stable pd-extended release
if the latests sources give me pd crashes (I do Audio/Video live shows
and performance and stability are very important on scene...)

voila!
any suggestion is welcome
best regards,
pierre