[PD] vanilla, extended, svn and x86_64

dmotd inaudible at simplesuperlativ.es
Thu Sep 24 02:51:47 CEST 2009

András Murányi wrote:

>     thanks to this script :
>     http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pd-extended-svn/pd-extended-svn/PKGBUILD
>     I have now pd-0.42.5-extended and a lot of libs running on x86_64 ! nice :)
>

> Sounds hot! Could you explain how to use this script?

andrás, the 'script' is an archlinux PKGBUILD,
distributed in the arch-user-repository. its
simply a set of build instructions used by the
arch-build-system to assemble a package which can
then be installed with the archlinux packager
'pacman'. all this is similar to *bsd ports or
gentoo ebuilds and every linux distribution has
its own helper instructions for packaging - this
ones just for archlinux.

i suggested pierre take a look at it, to
demonstrate what is involved for building
pd-extended from svn.

relevant info:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PKGBUILD
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ABS_-_The_Arch_Build_System