[PD] slight problem with 8in 8out audio patch

ypatios ypatios at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 12:59:32 CEST 2009

well, i haven't really analyzed your patch, but i saw some numberboxes
getting some "set" messages but without getting any bangs from somewhere
else. this means they don't send anything to their outputs, ever, so in this
case, the [del]s that follow get nothing. so maybe this is the problem.

and a question: you have a reason for using the HDD instead of RAM?

alabala

2009/9/25 Jilt van Moorst <robotfunk at gmail.com>

> I'm having some trouble with this patch I'm making for an
> installation. I'll say upfront it has been years since I've touched
> PD.. but this one has me stumped
>
> what I expected to happen
>
> there are 4 zones, each with 2 microphones and 2 speakers. when moving
> through the zones your audio is recorded and played back the next zone
> like this
>
> enter zone 1
> record mic 1 + 2
>
> enter zone 2
> record mic 3+4
> playback recording from 1+2 over speaker 3+4
>
> enter zone 3
> record mic 5+6
> playback recording from 3+4 over speaker 5+6
>
> enter zone 4
> record mic 7+8
> playback recording from 3+4 over speaker 7+8
>
> the recording is going more or less fine but no sound is being played
> back..
> could anyone take a look at this patch ( you need audio card with 8in
> and 8out to test) and tell me what I'm doing wrong? maybe not waiting
> long enough before playing back the recorded files?
>
> the patch is here
> http://robotfunk.com/temp/contemplation008d.pd
>
> you need a 8in/8out to test it, would be much appreciated if someone
> would take a look at it.
>
> Jilt van Moorst

ypatios