[PD] Art project: blur a movie on external action

vibronik at laposte.net vibronik at laposte.net
Wed Sep 30 14:51:00 CEST 2009

Hi all,

let me explain my project:

a human guinea pig is sitting in a chair, watching is own face on a
screen (realtime). An external event (real switch) triggers the image to
be blurred.

It looks simple, but i'm quite new to pd/gem, and bit disoriented by the
complexity of Pd, so i would like to know if:

* it's possible (or simple)
* some advices about HOW i could do it.

>From what i understood, i should use Pd+GEM to achieve my goal. But in
GEM documentation, i only found "pixel_blur", which looks irrelevant.

I would gladly appreciate any feedback/advices from experienced Pd / GEM
users!!!

Feel free to ask me any question, maybe what i explained is not clear
enough, or you need extra informations.

I'm quite experienced in Linux, opensource software, and electronics ;
so don't fear to get into tech things.

Thanks all,

Tristan