[PD] clap clap bonk bonk

gnd at itchybit.org gnd at itchybit.org
Mon Oct 12 12:43:32 CEST 2009

hi,

> I'd like to be able to adjust the settings of bonk~ to the (spectral)
> features of the sound of clapping in your hands but the documentation
> in bonk-help about the learning mode is a bit incomplete I think. For
> example if I use the debounce message bonk~ stops outputting any
> values... The article from ICMC about fiddle and bonk is very
> interesting in general but very short about the specific operation
> mode of bonk.

i use bonk~ like this:
- i send it a [learn xx( (where xx is the number of times i present a
sample of one sound - like clapping)
- then i present the sound xx times, then i present another sound xx
times, etc until i presented all the sounds (might be knocking, clapping,
i even tried with saying letters like p,b,s)
- then i give it a [learn 0( message and test it - if im happy with the
result i write it to a file..

i dont know if this helped you, though :) probably you should change any
variables during learning..

gnd/