[PD] Pd-GUI-Rewrite test builds

colet.patrice at free.fr colet.patrice at free.fr
Tue Oct 27 13:56:47 CET 2009

hello

Selon Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>:

> Hmm, I wonder what it is, I got it going on Cygwin when I tried, but
> haven't tried in a while.

 I'm having a try right now with a fresh install of cygwin, following your
tutorial:

http://puredata.info/dev/PdGuiRewrite

first message is
configure.ac: not using Gettext
maybe it doesn't ring a bell, but then I wonder if Gettext is necessary at the
end...

I have to resolve this first:

s_inter.c:211: sigfun undeclared

well, indeed we have something that has changed in s_inter.c that doesn't fit
with cygwin:

ifndef _WIN32

cygwin is both UNIX and _WIN32, so I've replaced it with

ifdef UNIX

like it was originaly

but line 898 of s_inter.c it comes a bit more complicated:

#else /* NOT _WIN32 */
    if (WSAStartup(version, &nobby)) sys_sockerror("WSAstartup");
#endif /* NOT _WIN32 */

the only way I've found to get over is commenting line 898

then it builds until the end, yaha

Now, following tutorial: cd src and ./pd

an error in startup script is coming:

couldn't read file " ~/pd-gui-rewrite/src/./bin/pd-gui.tcl": no such file or
directory

did I miss something?