[PD] [sigmund~] and [fiddle~]

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 8 07:36:15 CET 2009

--- On Mon, 12/7/09, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:

> From: Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org>
> Subject: Re: [PD] [sigmund~] and [fiddle~]
> To: pd-list at iem.at
> Date: Monday, December 7, 2009, 10:04 AM
> Hallo,
> Jonathan Wilkes hat gesagt: // Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
>
> > Can [sigmund~] do everything [fiddle~] can do (or do
> it better)?
>
> I leave the first part of the question as a task to the
> reader of both help files.

I don't understand: Does this mean you haven't read them?  That you have
and it's obvious?  That you have and it isn't?

Unless I'm overlooking something, neither help patch mentions the other
object.  Obviously [sigmund~] has a lot more "goodies" than [fiddle~], but
without spending a long span of time studying each object in depth, it's
unclear whether some functions of [fiddle~] were left out of [sigmund~] or
subsumed under one of its new features.

If anyone has some experience using both objects, it would be nice to add
a sentence to [sigmund~]'s help patch clarifying its relationship to
[fiddle~] (and vice versa).

Thanks,
Jonathan