[PD] triggered oscilloscope/bang on zero crossing?

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Dec 9 00:40:14 CET 2009

I'm trying to put together a simple oscilloscope abstraction that
imitates the "trigger" function of a real one, so that the waveform can
be seen from its starting point.  In other words, a [tabwrite~] would
graph on the upward swing of a zero crossing. To do this, I'd like to
know if there is an audio object which gives a bang at a zero crossing,
or perhaps even only at a crossing from the negative to the positive
domain of the signal. I've thought of something with [expr~ $v1 < 0],
but what comes out is still in the audio domain and isn't the bang which
[tabwrite~] needs.

Other suggestions welcome.

best!
Derek