[PD] Motion Plus Data to be used with Puredata/OSC-Data-stream

Luigi Rensinghoff gigilist at halbsolaut.de
Mon Dec 14 17:34:42 CET 2009

Hi Florian, Johannes an Mike

            after a little abstinence period i want to come back to my
wiimote experiments and would like to know
how far the integration of the MotionPlus into the pd-external went
meanwhile.

I setup up my laptop-environment and downloaded the latest stuff from
svn.

So my first step was trying to compile it on my ubuntu laptop and some
questions aroused, which
are based on the fact that i still dont know enough of c-programming
and the compilation process.

I looked into the makefile.org file and tried to set up all pathes
according to my system and here is my first
question:

it is referring to this part of the makefile.org

> PD_PATH=../../../pd
>
> # specify the path to CWiid:
> #CWIID_PATH = $(ASCAPE_PATH)/usr/lib
> LIBCWIID_PATH = "cwiid-svn/libcwiid"
>
> ######################################################
> # You shouldn't need to change anything beyond here! #
> ######################################################
>

> ifdef PD_PATH
> PD_INCLUDE := -I$(PD_PATH)/src
> PD_EXTRA_PATH := ../../../../lib/libs
> PD_DOC_PATH := ../../../../lib/pd-help
> else
> PD_INCLUDE := -I../../../pd/src
> PD_EXTRA_PATH := /usr/local/lib/pd/extra
> PD_DOC_PATH := /usr/local/lib/pd/doc
> endif

Since i have a somewhat unusual location of my files i ask my self if
these pathes have to point to the locations where these files are
(taken from wiimote.c file)

> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <unistd.h>
> #include <sys/select.h>
> #include <bluetooth/bluetooth.h>
> #include <m_pd.h>
> #include <math.h>
> #include <cwiid.h>

Is that Right ???

I am always confused whether the path means the location of the
sources or the binaries.....

I get the following error:
in line 55: balance_cal hat unvollständigen Typen
unbenutzter Parameter für "mesg", "timestamp" "ap"

nicht deklariert für "CWIID_FLAG_MOTIONPLUS"

i guess some pathes are not set right....

Another thing i never know wit the declaration of pathes...

When do i use " " " quotes ??

like in

PD_PATH="/opt/sw/pure-data/pd"
or
PD_PATH=/opt/sw/pure-data/pd

do i need the first slash ??

why is somtime an "I" used and sometimes not ?

i looked for the locations of my header files:

#include <stdio.h>
/usr/include
#include <unistd.h>
/usr/include/sys and
/usr/include
#include <sys/select.h>
#include <bluetooth/bluetooth.h>
#include <m_pd.h>
/usr/include and
/opt/sw/pure-data/pd/src
#include <math.h>
/usr/include
#include <cwiid.h>
/opt/sw/cwiid-0.6.00/libcwiid/
/usr/local/include

So my makefile should look like that - i thought....

---

PD_PATH=/opt/sw/pure-data/pd

LIBCWIID_PATH=/opt/sw/cwiid-0.6.00/libcwiid

and further down:

PD_INCLUDE := -I$(PD_PATH)/src
PD_EXTRA_PATH:=/opt/sw/pure-data/pd/extra
PD_DOC_PATH:=/opt/sw/pure-data/pd/doc

I appreciate any help

Thanks Luigi