[PD] Graph-on-Parent GUI debugging - please test and report!

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 20:49:08 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Since I've seen a lot of people put a lot of effort into making pretty
> elaborate GUIs with the Graph-on-Parent, things like netpd and MetaStudio, I
> want to try to nail down the last GOP bugs in both Pd-extended 0.42.5 and
> pd-gui-rewrite 0.43.
>
> So I am asking for lots of testing and reporting of problems, and I'm going
> through all of the bug reports and emails that I have on the topic now.
>
> .hc

Well i have a problemmatic patch but not necessarily because of GOP.
- it works well with an i386 build,
- pretty slow with an amd64 build, but works,
- freezes the box with the rewrite (on amd64). cpu doesn't go so high but
the wm stops responding and ctrl-alt-backspace doesn't work either.

it uses some moonlib which is not essential, and the glorious sssad. looks
complicated at the first sight, actually it's just that i prefer hand-wiring
sssad (as opposed to autopatching).

btw its a 32 step drum pattern with the "backlight" running with the
position - those interested check it out ;o)

Andras