[PD] message to Pd and GOP

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Fri Jan 22 14:05:56 CET 2010

Hi list,
I'm working on dynamic patching with nested GOP subpatches (developing a
meta-friendly interface).
I noticed this weird behaviour of GOP subpatch (I'm not sure but it can be
the same bug Hans was talking about on the list few days ago).
Take a look at the attached ex.
The first message works fine.
The second message works only if the GOP subpatch is open. I guess this is
fine and it has to deal with "vis 1/0".
But the weird thing happens with the third message. The message actually
works but the GOP is not updated (and it will never be unless you save,
close and reload).

I think I re.invented the wheel with this report, but I would like to
understand "why" this happen.

(this time setup: winXp, Pd-ex.41)

thx

--
Marco Donnarumma aka TheSAD

Independent New Media Arts Professional, Performer, Teacher - Edinburgh, UK

LAB: http://www.thesaddj.com | http://cntrl.sourceforge.net |
http://www.flxer.net

EVENT: http://www.liveperformersmeeting.net