[PD] A "multiple problem" with video playing

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jan 28 15:25:08 CET 2010

tep wrote:
> Thanks Iohannes
>
> So, i can conclude that the slaves local frame clocks are taken from the
> "local" gemhead objects, as explained in Matteo's answer ? Is it more
> reliable/light than using a metro on each computer (which would allow me to
> change the playback speed) ???

well changing the playback speed with the [metro] might be
unsatisfactory, because you will have all sorts of weird re-sampling
artefacts.

gemhead: +    +    +    +    +    +    +    +    +    +    +
metro  : 0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   0   1   2
frame  : 0    1    2    3    5    6    7    8    0    1    2

as you can see, every fourth frame is dropped, which might look not so good.

fgmasdr
IOhannes