[PD] [PD-announce] first alpha hidio 0.1 release

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jan 29 19:19:37 CET 2010

Hallo,

>>> Like with [comport], send [hidio] the [devices( message.
>>
>> But this sends to the console, IIRC?
>
> Yes, but you can get the info via the right outlet.  So you could do
> your own search.  Or just open the device using the USB productID/
> manufactuerID, or by USB HID class (i.e. mouse, joystick, gamepad).

Maybe I have an old version, but the hidio-0.1 I have here doesn't send
anything to the outlet for closed devices (I use Linux.) "devices" prints to console only,
"info" prints this:

open 0
device -1
total 0
poll 5
vendorID 0x0001
productID 0x0000
product Unknown

regardless of what devices there are. If devices are open, it prints the info correctly.

How do I open by PID? That would actually be what I want to do. Do I have to
test-open all possible devices once?

Ciao
--
Frank