[PD] Floats and negative numbers over OSC

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Sun Jan 31 02:37:17 CET 2010

Hi Calude,

 > I don't know if mrpeach osc and net objects work on Windows, but if they
 > do they should be preferred to the OSCx objects.
 > (snip)
 > OSCx library is old, buggy, unmaintained, broken

I've tried the two libraries prior to my post.
They both work well on Windows to the extent that I saw neither having
disadvantages over the other.

(Not to say that I intend to ignore warnings on avoiding OSCx.. just
mentioning it for historical logging.)

A problem I see commonly among the two mentioned sets of libraries is
that they output incorrect values when receiving float or negatives.
Integers and zero are fine.

Can anyone share experience or workarounds before I go reinvent some
more wheels?

--
David Shimamoto