[PD] [list] output

ypatios ypatios at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 18:31:06 CET 2010

hello

But as far as I can tell, [list] doesn't do any conversion at its outlet--
> everything it outputs will have the selector "list", and it's up to other
> objects like [route] to do any conversion they deem necessary.
>
> For example, take the bug with sigbinops:
>
>    [put anything you want in this message box(
>    [list]
> [+~ ]
>
> error: inlet: expected 'signal' but got 'list'

[1, 1 2, a, a b, a 2 b (

[list ]

[print ]

gives the following (0.42-5):

######
print: 1
print: 1 2
print: symbol a
print: list a b
print: list a 2 b
######

so [list ] does some kind of conversion. what i don't understand is why
there is no selector printed in the first two messages, where only numbers
are present.

anyways, you should provide [+~ ] operator with an argument if you want it
to expect messsages instead of a signal (check help patch) :-)

ciao

--
ypatios