[PD] Install pd-extended on Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 i686

Ben Baker-Smith bbakersmith at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 03:21:41 CET 2010

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Sorry, there was a typo in my initial message, it should say "there is
no i686 package available".

When I tried to install the Jaunty package I got a "wrong kernel type"
error. All the packages seem to be for i386 and lpia, while my machine
is running i686. The only mention of an i686 version that I have found
is for Karmic in the 02-10-10 nightly build (and it seems rather small
at 5.1M).

When I tried adding adding to sources.list and installing via apt-get
I received the following error:
"Failed to fetch
http://apt.puredata.info/releases/dists/jaunty/main/binary-amd64/Packages
404 Not Found"

Anyway, I ended up installing pd vanilla, gem, and zexy seperately and
adding the appropriate paths in the file > startup menu.  Everything
is working just fine now.

-Ben