[PD] install iemguts in pd 0.4.14

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 23:47:38 CET 2010

Hello Javier,

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:12 PM, Javier Tempesta <jtempesta at web.de> wrote:

> hello pd list,
>  I have pd 0.4.14 extended running on ubuntu 9.10

The latest version of pd-extended is 0.42.5.
get it from http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/

> and I want to install the iemguts
> https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/externals/iem/iemguts/

iemguts is part of pd-extended 0.42.5.

> when I try to download the folder iemguts with my browser from the above
> adress I get an archive extension iemguts_.htm

an .htm is no doubt an .html which is a web page.
downloading works with the svn command:
"svn checkout
https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/externals/iem/iemguts/
"

> I'm a new user of linux, which steps must I do in order to install the pd
> guts?
> I already try to follow the "Readme" but I don't understand what I need to
> put after the  " cd src/"
>
> installation::
> --------------
> #1> cd src/
> #2> make
> #3> make install
>
> thank u all

These commands are meant to build and install the software defined in the
Makefile in that src directory, provided that you have all the source
dependecies installed.
If you are new to Linux, better go with an nightly autobuild if available
for your distribution, or get another precompiled binary from the
puredata.info/downloads page. Pd-extended is not always easy to build as it
is a rather complex system.

Andras