[PD] Strange bug in my patch

Caio Barros caio.barros at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 23:59:40 CET 2010

First of all, thank you for the support. This patch already gave me some
headaches, but with this problem I just couldn't figure out what was going
on. For what I understood, the problem is in Pd itself (I didn't understand
if that is a pd bug or not though). But, Matteo, if the patch don't create
objects dynamically It will always be limited by the number of allocable
objects, isn't it? The other solution could work, and I'll probably do
something like that since right now is much more important for me to get my
piece done, although I can't help having a sensation of cheating (but this
is of course just my compulsive neurosis).

But why again dynamic object creation is not officially supported? It works
fine in pd vanilla, wich was the one I used to build this patch, but it does
have some problems. Isn't it usefull?

Anyway, what you guys said was very very helpfull. And about the
inconvenience, I was woried that I could not explain my problem in the
subject and did not know how to search in the archive about this. So someone
would have to look at my patch to understand what I was saying wich I find a
little boring. Like all newbies, I was just worried of making a stupid
question.

Bye
Caio Barros