[PD] audio breaking

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Mar 6 10:52:01 CET 2010

thanks for the pointers. The setup of rt kernel is one of the main reasons
I'm using planetCCRMA version (where nando manages to take care of these
issues letting normal users access rt priorities).
I am still baffled by the fact that I get synch errors from pd even when
not doing any audio (no patch open. and these are not only the initial
errors when launching pd). And also the fact that I can get
good audio playback reliably from snd (soundeditor). Doesn't that suggest
that the problem is not with jack/firewire but perhaps with pd?

Oded