[PD] Pd, Max/Msp, Reaktor, Plogue Bidule... How do these compare?

tep tep.core at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 16:45:55 CET 2010

Sorry for previous mistake.
I feel concerned because i have been using all of these softwares. It all
started with Reaktor, which is clearly music-oriented (though some people
are able to make video games on it !). I had a lot of fun and headaches. It
was a good introduction to modular-environment. Great for synth / fx /
buffer things. It can be used as a VST but has no video support. And i think
making math in Reaktor is not very handy.

Now I can't use it anymore. Pd seems more 'austere' at first looking but
also it shows the basics you need to know in order to go on. I think it
brings to a better understanding of how things work, at least for me.

And it's cross-platform, free and quite stable. And people answer you
quickly. And it's the sexiest :)

I personally REALLY got into it while having a specific thing to accomplish.
At the beginning, learning it was difficult and blurry. It seems you can do
A LOT indeed.

In my own opinion.