[PD] [OT] linux multi-output soundcard

Bryan Jurish jurish at uni-potsdam.de
Mon Apr 12 15:28:06 CEST 2010

moin Marco,

in my desktop i've got an m-audio delta 1010 lt (used from e-bay), which
worked "out of the box" (8 unbalanced analalog i/o and midi from a "cat
o' 9 tails" which plugs directly into the card).  its big brother (delta
1010, no "lt" suffix) has a nice breakout box (balanced) and uses the
same chipset ("envy24", alsa module snd-ice1712).  iirc, the terratec
phase88 uses the same chipset with an unbalanced breakout box.

latency was ok out of the box (don't remember the numbers right now,
sorry), but i had to do some os-level tweaking to get things working to
my satisfaction (realtime kernel, irq priorities, pci settings, etc -
all scripted now and available on request).  also, i had to comment out
a few lines in the envy24control sources (dedicated mixer gui for the
card) in order to stop my console from filling up with annoying warnings
-- really nothing more than an annoyance; i can send you a patch if you
have the same problem... if you can afford one, the rme cards are likely
to be much better, but my budget didn't stretch quite that far ;-)

marmosets,
	Bryan

On 2010-04-12 14:11:41, Marco Donnarumma <devel at thesaddj.com> appears to
have written:

--
Bryan Jurish                       "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at uni-potsdam.de       -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology