[PD] Do not use OSCx. Use mrpeach's externals instead (was: oscx help patches?)

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed Apr 21 11:01:40 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 10:14 +0200, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there help patches for dumpOSC, OSCsend, unpackOSC? If so, where can
> they be found?
> I have Pd Extended and the dll's are in the folders "mrpeach" and
> "oscx"; however, the help patches for the mentioned objects are not
> there (in oscx there's no help patch at all)

In order to help IOhannes not having to repeat himself, I say it again,
loud and clear, also here on the pd-list:

Do _not_ start to use the OSCx externals, since they are buggy and
unmaintained. Use the OSC and net objects from mrpeach instead (packOSC,
unpackOSC, routeOSC, udpsend, udpreceive etc). The OSCx externals are
still there only for legacy reasons.

Roman