[PD] naming objects

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Apr 26 12:00:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 09:07:30AM +0200, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> anyhow, i (personally) don't think that CamelCase objectnames are bad.
> just make sure that you really use them throughout, both on the
> filesystem level and on the patching level.
> (or even better: switch to a case sensitive filesystem in the first
> place :-))

The problem is that unfortunatly not all users are that disciplined. Linux
users are very trained to be anal about case in filenames because their default
filesystem is case sensitive. But elsewhere too many people tend ignore the
issue or are not even aware of it: for them a patch using UPPERCASE.pd works
with [uppercase] in the patch as well, so why should they care?

So the reason I like to play it safe for abstractions I release into the wild
is not so much technical, but social.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__