[PD] vd~ one-sample delay?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Apr 26 12:19:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:46:23AM +0200, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> I guess it is related to the 4-point interpolation, because in order to
> compute the first point you need one extra point that is not available
> at delay 0. However, I don't see how that completely explains a
> one-sample delay: this only affects the very first sample of the delayed
> signal, there's no reason to have the whole signal delayed one sample.

Except the problem of time machines: When interpolating around a non-delayed
signal, you are interpolating around the time "now" and so you would need
at least one sample from the future, whhich hasn't happened yet.

This is not only valid for the "first" sample, as in a constantly updating
delay line there is no "first sample".

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__