[PD] no pdsend on pdextended?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 20 10:02:56 CEST 2010

On 2010-05-19 22:20, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>> anyhow: now that pd-extended installs everything into
>> /usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/
>> i don't see any reason why it still conflicts with: pd-externals, gem,
>> pd-pdp, pd-zexy
>
> Well, the plan going forward is to split pd-extended into individual
> packages, and we'll have to work out the whole /usr/lib/pdextended vs.
> /usr/lib/pd vs. /usr/lib/puredata question.  So for now I think it makes
> sense.  Maybe not tho...

sure.
but for now pd-extended installs Gem.pd_linux into
/usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/Gem/ whereas pd-gem installs into
/usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/

the puredata package will never load Gem from the pd-extended libs
(unless explicitely told so), whereas (current) pd-extended will never
load Gem from the pd-gem (unless explicitely told so)

they simply do not conflict at all (nor do they "replace" each other)
instead the conflict creates problems for users like christian, who have
a hard time installing both puredata and pd-extended.

i will therefore remove the conflict.

mfgasdr
IOhannescd