[PD] ChucK vs. Pd

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue Jun 1 01:08:37 CEST 2010

> FWIW I looked at chuck to run on my performance wearable (500 MHz
> P3) and all I got was dropouts. Pd runs great in realtime on the same
> machine ...

That's because ChucK has its DSP loop set at per sample whereas Pd calculates everything in 64-byte chunks. While latter gives you a relief from the CPU load, it also lowers the actual control over DSP processes, so you can't exactly pinpoint a sample and translate its trigger into a non-signal domain beyond being sure that the event was triggered when the sample in question was located within the last 64-byte buffer.

HTH

ico