[PD] 64-bit build (was Re: [PD-announce] Pd-extended 0.42.5 release candidate 1 released!)

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Sat Jun 5 19:35:22 CEST 2010

I'm still in Karmic Koala, both 64 (UbuntuStudio) and canonical one. Karmic
is working fine for me, so haven't done the upgrade - and I guess I'll not
do it soon - I like to wait some time before moving to another one.

Most people I know that are Linux users are either in Karmic or have
upgraded to Lucid, only a few are using Jaunty, but I see that a lot of Pd
folks use jaunty, right?

Best regards,
Pedro

2010/6/5 András Murányi <muranyia at gmail.com>

> On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 5:55 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>wrote:

>>> This is great!
>>> Currently there is only a 64-bit version for Ubuntu jaunty in the builds,
>>> will there be more?
>>>

>> If people with other 64-bit systems make builds, there will be :)  The
>> builds that are posted are all the machines that people have setup for
>> builds.  The Jaunty/64-bit machine is run by Andras Muranyi, for example.
>>

> A propos... i'm thinking about an upgrade to Lucid. I'd appreciate some
> input on my concerns please:
> - Is 64-bit Lucid stable enough? (Usually 64 bit Ubuntus become stable a
> bit later than 32-bit ones)
> - Would you people want a regular Lucid build rather than a Jaunty one?
> (ie. are most of you on Lucid already?)
>
> Andras

Pedro Lopes
contacto: jazz at radiozero.pt