[PD] [OT] linux preempt kernel vs rt kernel

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 01:10:16 CEST 2010

2010/7/1 Pedro Lopes <pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt>

> No... my grub is from the normal karmic. Did you had another ubuntu
> installed previous? The thing is, when you install any ubuntu from karmic
> up, it asks if you wish to upgrade to the new grub.. you can always say no.

Yes, i've been upgrading this since Hardy. I don't remember being asked, it
just stayed "legacy".

Although your "grub-common 1.98-1ubuntu6" is already grub2 :) see [1]
> The major diff is that in grub 2 there's a whole new way of editing the
> entries, although you can sill do it the old way by editing the grub.cfg
> file, they do not recommend - but its doable.

Yes i already witnessed grub2 in its full weirdness on another computer...
but i didn't now about this hack :)

Andras

--
Muranyi Andras