[PD] How to start PD without any audio?

Pedro Lopes pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt
Sun Jul 25 23:54:41 CEST 2010

I just tryed:
- started mocp or vlc playing some mp3
- start pdextended with -noaudio
Everything works, nothing stops the audio when pd is loaded, I can even send
messages to mocp and control it. (mocp is using alsa)

I use ubuntu 9.10rt and pdextended is "Pd version 0.42-5extended-20100530"

Just a parallel though:
- cvlc can use jack :) So you could hook everything with audio and still use
those apps. I have used pd to control both vlc and mocp (my favourite linux
player) and didn't require to start pd without audio 'cause all of them
accept jack.

--
Pedro Lopes (ongoing MSc)
contact: pedro.lopes at ist.utl.pt