[PD] newline in comment

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Aug 21 16:25:08 CEST 2010

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010, Max wrote:

> While this might be a work around, 2010 one might expect of a graphic
> user interface that you can tear on a bounding box and the text is
> floating in it. feature request?

I had that feature in jMax in 2001 and I had to leave it behind when I
switched to Pd in 2003/2004. However, in jMax, the user-set width applied
to everything and you can imagine the font trouble when variable-width
fonts that were automatically picked and rendered in slightly different
ways would take a little bit more than the user-set width of the box and
then would cause the box to go double-height. So you understand that it
was a relief to not have that feature anymore, but however, I would be
very pleased to have it back IF it were OPTIONAL.