[PD] abstraction precedence

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 21:56:45 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Matteo Sisti Sette <
matteosistisette at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made a patch in Pd Vanilla and happened to create some abstractions that
> have same names (but completely different functionality) as some Pd Extended
> objects; so now if I open it in Pd Extended, the externals will be used
> instead of my abstractions.
>
> Is there a way I can change this precedence, and have the abstractions in
> the patch folder take priority over library externals in case of name
> clashes?
>
> thanks
> m,

You're asking "how do i win a fight?" and i'd say "avoid the fight" :o)
what i'm saying is you could rename those abstractions, and i'f they are
used too frequently in patches you could search&replace all occurrences at
once with a text editor or grep.
Of course if there is no other circumstance that goes against it.

Andras